Friday, May 11, 2012

52 on Friday-Week Nineteen

A blog circle of photographers from all over the world, both amateur and professional alike, sharing their interpretations of a common theme.  At the bottom of each post, click the link for the next photographer until you come full circle, back here to my blog.

"vintage" 

As soon as I saw the theme for this week, I knew what I wanted to shot, but I didn't know how I wanted to shoot it.  I wanted to be able to re-create the memories that this camera brings to mind, but it was mother in those memories, holding this camera. I have many of the pictures that were developed from this camera, but few with her in them.  She's been gone for many years now, but I still a few things of hers that remind me of what she's given to me.

Since Mother's Day is coming up this weekend in the States, I thought it fitting to use this week's post to remember my Mom.  
I'd also like to wish all of photog friends, who are moms, a very happy Mother's Day.  Now go take some pictures of you and your kids, so they have something to remember you by.  



And now to see what sort of vintage inspiration Jenn Duguay, Valleyview, Alberta Photographer   has for us, click here. 

6 comments:

  1. oh my not only a cool vintage camera, but the memories that it holds makes this such a special shot. i love this photo and want to collect some vintage cameras. of course your camera is so special because of the hands that held it :) great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots and perfect for vintage! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's awesome. I LOVE old cameras :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how ths camera holds such special meaning for you. So perfect for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! How funny we have the exact camera for the exact assignment this week! Love, love, love the composition on the first photo-awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Pretty bokeh, too!

    ReplyDelete