Sunday, February 24, 2013

Just another Macro Monday!

This time of year tests my patience.
We're getting a lot of rain, but I wish it were snow.
The only snow we've had has been nuisance snow, as far as I'm concerned.  An inch here, two inches there.  Not even enough for a 2 hour delay, much less a snow day!
That really makes me start to wish for spring, but part of me  still wishes for just one good snow.  
On one those days when I was wishing for warmer weather, I took a walk around the yard to see if I could find any signs of spring, and I was pleasantly surprised!

If I remember correctly, this was the bud of a Red Twig Dogwood bush...

  And some daffodils popping up through the mulch...


And the bud from my dogwood tree, I think!


Two days after I found these signs of spring, we got another nuisance snow.  It was pretty and short lived, already melting but the time I got dressed and outside with my camera!



Start here with Stacy Heap Vitallo and see what inspiration she found for her macro shoots this week and then click the link in her post to see what Faye Kingston and Denean Melcher have found that will surely impress us all! 

3 comments:

  1. no way it's time to see buds on the trees!!! already??? love the drip shots! really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous light Cathy!! I can totally feel the warm sun in the cool air :) Love the drips too - perfect focus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these!! The 3rd and 4th are my faves.... that drip shot rocks!

    ReplyDelete