Thursday, April 25, 2013

One flower, five ways...

On a recent trip to Longwood I met up with a fellow photographer from my Photoshop group.  
To say he's a talented artist is an understatement.
His work hangs in the halls of Longwood Gardens and in the Bradywine River Museum, which also hosts the works of Andrew Wyeth.
He's a quiet, unassuming man.
He doesn't have the best camera or the most expensive lenses.
He does have a passion for art.
He's self taught.
I would love to just follow him around and watch him work.  
To see just how he shoots.  
To figure out what he sees.
I was fortunate this day.
He shared with me, some of the things he does.  
The things he looks for, like the way shapes flow or bend.  
Some of his techniques for creating an image.
That he likes to watch how people create an image too!
That he shoots, truly, for himself.
Yes, there are rules, but he looks for the beauty.
The interesting.
Regardless of the rule,
He looks for the light.

He pointed me towards a basket of flowers that was high on a pedestal. "Look." he said.  "Walk around. What do you see?" he asked.

This is what I saw:





I owe this man a debt of gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment