Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Photography Camp at Longwood

Friends of mine started a kids summer camp this year and asked me to help out as an instructor for a  few days.  All I can say is "Wow, what I great experience for the kids!"  
The material was well thought out and age appropriate.  I was amazed at how much the kids absorbed in only a few days. I was even more amazed at their creativity when told to "go shoot!"  
When they received a dozen or so printed images on the last day, I couldn't believe how many images they took that I had no idea were taken at Longwood Gardens or that I never "saw" before.  Part of what we tried to teach was to "see" the image before taking it.  Kids as young as 8 took some shots that blew me out of the water! They also motivated me to go back into Longwood, both with my Nikon and my cellphone!  Here are the few of the images that the kids inspired me to take! 


  








No comments:

Post a Comment