Friday, January 13, 2012

52 on Friday-Week Two

For the last two years the landscape around me, at this time of year, has been beautiful.  I enjoyed many walks with my camera in tow, revealing in the cleanliness of  the snow covered ground and trees while thanking our creator for allowing me the time to reflect upon it's beauty and the skill to record it on "film."  This year has not been white, nor as cold.  The only snow we've seen was a slight dusting on Halloween.   Trying to find the beauty in bare branches and dormant grass is challenging, so I took a walk through a local park to capture the simplicity of the waterfall.


Let's head over to fellow photographer Ashley Alexander's neck of the woods to see what the landscape there looks like.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is so gorgeous!! I love the water, the rocks, everything. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The waterfall is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! This is great. A waterfall photo has been on my photo bucket list for a while. Maybe you inspired me to get out there and get it! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! And, love your use of shutter speed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is like a postcard and you need no leaves to make this beautiful Oh my goodness I lOVE this and I love taking walks and finding treasures like this. Great shot. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of your local park! What a beautiful scene and so nicely captured!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the long exposure here is just incredible!! so gorgeous!! nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is really beautiful, love the long exposure as well, good choice in deciding how to capture the scene, a quicker shutter spec would have given it a totally different feel. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete