Friday, February 24, 2012

52 on Friday-Week Eight

A blog circle of photographers from all over the world, both amateur and professional alike, sharing their interpretations of a common theme.  At the bottom of each post, click the link for the next photographer until you come full circle, back here to my blog.

"Time" 

This week's shot was a  bit of a happy accident.  It was my "safe" shot, one that's not terribly creative, but one that I've wanted to try, nonetheless.  I moved the clock from it's wall in the dining room because of glare from the sun through the dining room window.  I put in on a wall in my living room. The first time I tried to find focus I realized that I was getting the reflections of old photos on the opposite wall.  These photo are reproductions of old photos that I manage to get from my in-laws as well as from my parents.  There are relatives that can't be named in some of these shots because the names were not recorded and there's no longer anyone alive who knows.  I paid a small fortune many years ago to have these portraits digitally corrected and printed.  That was long before Photoshop was available to the general public so inexpensively, but I wanted my child to know their roots, so I happily had them done.  The angle is not perfect, but the memories are.  Reflections of time might be a better label for my photo today....

To see how "time" passes at photographer Christa Paustenbaugh of Manassas, VA click here

7 comments:

  1. Perfect for this theme!! Nicely done Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shot couldn't have worked out anymore perfectly! Very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot and very creative. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this photo. love the capture of those special memories on the opposite wall. creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this and the reflection of the older photos from such a long time ago!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a cool idea and photo! I would love to have more old photos like this of my family. Luckily my mom has been scrapbooking a lot of her old childhood photos and some of my grandparents too, so I will always have those with me :)

    ReplyDelete