Friday, March 16, 2012

52 on Friday-Week Eleven

A blog circle of photographers from all over the world, both amateur and professional alike, sharing their interpretations of a common theme.  At the bottom of each post, click the link for the next photographer until you come full circle, back here to my blog.

 "Green"

At one point in my life green was my favorite color.  Maybe because it's the color of my eyes or the fact that I'm Irish or maybe it's because that green is color of spring.  Spring has been my favorite season for as long as I can remember.  The promise of an awakening of things long asleep.  The promise of longer days of sunlight.  The sounds of children playing outside after a  long winter hiatus.  A renewal.  A rebirth. A time of hope. Green is the first sign of these promises...





I had no idea how much green was in my yard until I took my camera for a walk to find something green. This was just the thing I needed today!


To see what green Photographer  Faye Kingston of Miramichi NB  found in her viewfinder click here

8 comments:

  1. I love all your sprouts! I love this time of year and seeing everything come up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous little sprouts - it's always so exciting to see what they will grow into!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look at those great little new shoots emerging from the ground...lovely perspective in these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you captured some of the first signs of spring! The perspective in the last shot is absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job Cathy! The tulips are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I really LOVE the colours in that second one, it would look gorgeous printed out I think :) Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving all the new green growth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE that second image. Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete