Friday, March 9, 2012

52 on Friday-Week Ten

A blog circle of photographers from all over the world, both amateur and professional alike, sharing their interpretations of a common theme.  At the bottom of each post, click the link for the next photographer until you come full circle, back here to my blog.

"your season"
 I was so excited when with this week's theme.  I love shooting outdoors.  I love the warmer weather we've been experiencing.  I do miss that we really didn't have winter here in the northeast.  Practically no measurable snow and above average temperatures gave the flower bulbs the impression that spring had arrived, even though the calendar still says it's winter.  I waited all week for the buds of my daffodils to open.  With temperatures nearing 70 today, I knew that I'd have open buds, but the wind was whipping and the flowers never stopped swaying in that wind. Thankfully this is also the season for the International Flower Show in Philadelphia.  I managed a shot of some of the daffodils there


To check out what the season is like in Carey, North Carolina, check out photographer Robin Moore's site here
 
 

6 comments:

  1. We have lots of blooms right now too-crazy since it's still early March. Awesome photo-those are beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daffodils are my favorite. Such a pretty time of the year for those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cheery little daffodild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shot Cathy! No blooms here just yet, we're in between seasons. But looking at your flower pics this week have made me wish for it (even though I do love winter, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower shot, lucky that they are popping out already!

    ReplyDelete