Thursday, April 12, 2012

52 on Friday-Week Fifteen

A blog circle of photographers from all over the world, both amateur and professional alike, sharing their interpretations of a common theme.  At the bottom of each post, click the link for the next photographer until you come full circle, back here to my blog.

"blue"

I really wanted to try out one of my newer lenses for this week's theme. Unfortunately, I procrastinated.  The beautiful blue skies that were almost overwhelming this morning were covered by thick, gray, patchy clouds this afternoon.    I waited until the clouds managed to part just enough for me to take these two shots.  Truth be told, they are not exactly what I was hoping for, but that's the beauty of this hobby.  I'll get another chance, another day. 

 


To see what Christa Paustenbaugh of  Manassas, VA found that's blue, click here.

12 comments:

  1. pretty, I like the color contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely Cathy. The negative space and the blue, blue skies.....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this contrast from pink and blue, my favorite two colors. love the perspective of the shot. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the contrast too! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I wanted to do something similar, but never had good clouds when I could do them. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful, Cathy! I love your perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Such a neat point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the angle you shot these from, and the sky does indeed look very blue! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your skies are a gorgeous blue! I haven't seen a blue sky here for a week, it's been so cloudy and rainy, so it's nice to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great blue skies! and i agree... love the angle you chose!! :)

    ReplyDelete