Thursday, April 19, 2012

52 on Friday-Week Sixteen

A blog circle of photographers from all over the world, both amateur and professional alike, sharing their interpretations of a common theme.  At the bottom of each post, click the link for the next photographer until you come full circle, back here to my blog.

"perspective"

For over a week now, I've been trying to come with a unique idea to post here. Every day I would look at the possibilities.  A few times I walked around the yard.  Twice I drive to local parks to try to execute my ideas.  Twice I can home without anything that wowed me.  I was going to post one that I took for last's week's theme and kind of liked. Then, while looking through my hard drive to grab the digital file, and I saw this shot.  It's one I've been working on converting all week.  After several tries and lots of constructive criticism, from some good photography friends, I came up with this simple, clean conversion.  I have a new perspective on black and white photography.  Not only that but from this perspective, my niece has some amazing eye lashes!


  To see what perspective photographer  Christa Paustenbaugh of Manassas, VA shot from this week,   click here

10 comments:

  1. I envy that girl and her lovely lashes....your B&W is really nice also. I struggle with conversions, maybe you'll share your secrets with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, those are beautiful eyelashes. Nice b & w conversion too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shot, I like how the image fills the frame, an you did great job on B&W conversion (something I'm still learning how to do).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot!! Love her eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful I hope it gets framed big.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous- I love eye lash shots. This is a great perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this when you posted it on fb. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's been hard for me to find a great conversion as well... it's never easy. especially when you're as much of a color lover as i am... but in certain situations, b/w just works! like here... her eyelashes pop so much because of the simple color scheme... less distractions making you notice them! so great!! nice job!

    ReplyDelete