Friday, July 27, 2012

52 on Friday-Week Thirty!

A blog circle of photographers from all over the world, both amateur and professional alike, sharing their interpretations of a common theme.  At the bottom of each post, click the link for the next photographer until you come full circle, back here to my blog.

"patterns"

If you think about it, patterns are everywhere.  They are man made and found in nature.  They can be hard, soft, light, dark, colorful,monotone.  They can cause you to think "wow" or they can be so busy that you have to close your eyes because your brain can process the overload of contrast.
They can also be created in  computer, as you'll see.
This is one of the simpler patterns found in nature.  I have no idea what this flower is called.
I had to replace a whole section of my garden due to some disease and this was one of the few varieties of flowers left at the nursery.

   
I had some fun editing this in a program that someone shared with me this week.  I'm such a traditionalist when it comes to photography that I almost didn't even want to experiment, but I gave in and while I'm sure this is NOT going to be my new normal, it was a lot of fun to see what could be done with the click of  the mouse.

"a new pattern"

 or this with another click of the mouse

 

 To continue around the circle to  see what what patterns the group has found this week start with Faye Kingston, of Miramichi, NB and  click here!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool shot Cathy. That's a very different flower - I wonder what it is? Anyone know?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out from a post on my Facebook page that this is a Cleome or a spider flower. It's an annual but reseeds itself, so maybe next year I'll be able to enjoy them again, minus the work of planting them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty cool when you take one and make another! awesome!

    ReplyDelete